Tuesday 14 December 2010

The road less travelled

Hello. I am a first year PhD student at the University of Durham. My thesis is a historical-anthropological study of marriage and bridewealth in the former Bahr el-Ghazal province of South Sudan. My research aims to give a more sophisticated understanding of marriage and its relationship to broader political processes. In doing this I am exploring how the state has been made real in the lives of ordinary people. 

I am funded by the AHRC and my lead supervisor is Dr. Cherry Leonardi my Second supervisor is Dr. Ben Campbell. Please get in touch with me if you want to know more about my research.

My blog will document my experiences of archival and field research in Southern Sudan and the UK.  If you want an insight into the highs and lows of doing academic research into one of the worlds more remote and unpredictable places…read on.

I will also use this blog to disseminate news of my research and related publications.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment